Evaluation of impact on hand of terry towels by different treatments
Case 1: A client consigned project on the impact of detergent type
- 6 (or repeats) terry towels;
- Before washing, Water washing only, with 6 detergents;
- Results obtained using PhabrOmeter.
Table below shows the tested fabric attributes after 8 different “treatments”
- The new towel without any washing is the softest;
- Water-only washing negatively impacts fabric Stiffness and Softness;
- Detergent washing causes more deterioration in fabric Stiffness and Softness;
- Fabric Smoothness not impacted as severely.
Using a new towel as the reference, the table below shows the RHV tested after 8 different “treatments”
the OMO detergent has the best overall performance among all.